来源：网络 作者：匿名 2009-10-20 16:04:36
1. He told me that the firm could not afford such large salaries.
B. to pay
C. to have paid
D. being paid
2. She has travelled in countries.
3. The plane was then able to and it cleared the moutains by 400 feet.
4. He had to go because he doesn't get on well with others.
5. Don't be so ; I'm not telling you what I've promised not to say.
6. He his previous best performance in the 1000 meters.
B. improves on
7. I to interrupt a man when he's busy working.
8. he was astonished what he found.
9. They made no effort to hide their amusement I produced a packet of sweets from my pocket.
10. I had hoped to get $1000 for my old car but had to a lot less.
A. settle down
B. settle in
C. settle for
D. settle on
1. B 2. C 3. A 4. D 5. D
6. B 7. B 8. A 9. D 10. C
1. afford 后常接动词的不定式，所以应该选B："to pay".
8. astonish后接动词时常用不定式。be astonished at 对……很惊讶
10. settle down 定居；
settle in 在新居安定下来；
settle for 勉强认可；
settle on 选定，决定。