来源：网络资源 作者：匿名 2009-10-08 18:10:31
Peter and Paul passed by a small house on their way home late at night. They saw thick 64 coming out of its windows. "It's on fire!" said Peter. "We must get help. "
The two brothers ran 65 the road shouting "Fire! Fire! "They 66 on the door of the next house. They asked them to 67 the police and the firemen.
They ran back to the house. They saw 68 the window an old lady sitting in an arm-chair. It was 69 that she could not move. Peter and Paul tried hard to carry her out of the 70 and so they did! Some neighbours (邻居) came and helped take some things out.
In no time the firemen 71 as well as the policemen. The fire was put out. The old lady cried sadly 72 she was not hurt. She thanked Peter and Paul and her neighbours 73 .
64. A. snow B. clouds C. fire D. smoke
65. A. over B. along C. at D. with
66. A. knocked B. beat C. locked D. opened
67. A. tell B. report C. telephone D. find
68. A. at B. through C. above D. on
69. A. old B. difficult C. free D. clear
70. A. arm-chair B. window C. house D. road
71. A. arrived B. fought C. left D. returned
72. A. so B. for C. and D. but
73. A. up and down B. again and again C. hour after hour D. from side to side
【答案】64. D 65. B 66. A 67. C 68. B 69. D 70. C 71. A 72. D 73. B